Monday, October 25, 2010

The Secret Life of Dolls by Cleolinda Jones

Recently, I have been catching up with a favorite serial of mine: The Secret Life of Dolls by Cleolinda Jones.  I stumbled across it when a friend told me I should check out Cleolinda's Twilight in 15 minutes.  Finding the Secret Life of Dolls, or SLOD, has been one of the highlights of my internet time-wasting and I was thrilled to discover new entries had been posted.

It's a fictional account of the dolls that live in Cleolinda's room.  She happens to be an avid fan of several films/books and therefore has several of the official character dolls.  Cleolinda adds her own spice to each of the characters while staying true to their original representations.  While Twilight is not one of my favorite books, or movies for that matter, Cleolinda has made the character of Edward into something extremely likable.  She is able to point out the flaws of the character as written in the novel even though I can tell she does have a special place in her literary heart for the original series.  Other characters that appear in her stories: Elizabeth Swann from Pirates of the Caribbean, Anna Valerious from Van Helsing, Lyra from The Golden Compass, Galadriel, Arwen, Aragorn, and Legolas from the Lord of the Rings Trilogy.

Basically a type of fan fiction/soap opera, it's one of my guiltiest pleasures.  I definitely recommend checking out her website/livejournal and reading through some of her entries.

No comments:

Post a Comment